****We’re excited to announce a major upgrade to our Receive Payments API, which introduces a seamless and direct way for merchants to process customer transactions, and instantly receive payments. This new version of our Receive Payments API provides major improvements to:
- Transaction speed
- The merchant experience – simpler, more powerful and stable
How does it work?
This API uses HD (Hierarchical Deterministic) addresses, which are generated from an xPub. This allows anyone with access to the xPub to create new addresses from a seed in a reproducible way. The API can directly generate the addresses for you that belong to your xPub.
The easiest way to obtain an xPub is to open a Blockchain Wallet at https://alpha.blockchain.info. You can also use any other HD-compatible wallet, like MultiBit.
Once you provide your xPub, we also need a callback URL (your store website) which will be notified when a payment is received to an address derived from your xPub. You will be notified of the:
- confirmations (instantly when someone pays, and then a notification for every confirmation thereafter, up to 1000 confirmations)
How do I get started with the new API?
The process to get started is exactly the same, whether you’re new to our API, or you’re an existing user of our legacy Receive Payments API. After you’ve created a new Blockchain wallet at https://alpha.blockchain.info, follow these steps:
- Request an API key at https://api.blockchain.info/v2/apikey/request/
- Export your xPub from our alpha wallet by going to Settings -> Accounts & Addresses -> Show xPub.
- Use your API key, the xPub, and your callback URL to create payment requests.
Do I need to migrate to the new API?
In two weeks, we will begin phasing out the first version of the receive payments API, so please start using the new one before December 7th 2015.
What if I need assistance?